- The Church shall have a Pastor who will moderate Church meetings. It will be the duty of the Pastor to preach and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ as the Holy Spirit leads him. Furthermore the Pastor will provide pastoral oversight of the Church as directed in the Scripture.
- The Church shall chose from its body, brethren for ordination to the office of Deacon. It will be the duty of the Deacons to see to the welfare of the Church members and to supervise all Church business. It is the duty of the Church to willingly assist and support the Deacons in their duties.
- The Church shall chose a Clerk who will keep all Church records including minutes of the Conference Meeting.
- The Deacons of the Church shall attend to financial matters and shall provide the Church with a financial statement which shall be read at the Conference Meeting.
- It shall be the duty of all members to attend their Church meetings, unless providentially hindered. When a person fails to attend several meetings, they shall be contacted to learn the reason for their absence and to help them if possible. Should they continue to absence themselves, and Biblical labor has been administered, then the issue of the absence will be brought before the Church as a matter of discipline.
- Any member departing from Christian conduct and failing to repent will be brought before the Church for disciplining only after Biblical labor has been administered. It must be recognized that our flesh is weak, that we are subject to error, and it is the duty of each of us to encourage, assist, and admonish each other for the purpose of preventing and correcting error, that we may be fit representatives of Christ’s Church.
- The Church may receive members by baptism, by letters from sister Churches, and by confession of faith when it is not possible to obtain a letter for a faithful member who was previously baptized by an Elder of our faith and practice.
- The Church will meet together in conference as needed to conduct the affairs of the Church.
- The Pastor will moderate the Conference Meeting.
Please Come and Join Us
Every Sunday at 10:30 AM Central
For Congregational Singing, Prayer, and the Gospel Message
2002 North Willow Avenue
Our Telephone(931) 284-4541
Our Emailcookevillepbc at gmail dot com
- January 17th, 2016 – Philippians 1:1-6 – “He which hath begun a good work in you”
- October 4th, 2015 – 1689 London Baptist Confession – Chapter 3 Part 6-7
- September 27th, 2015 – 1689 London Baptist Confession – Chapter 3 Part 4-5
- September 20th, 2015 – Isaiah 12:1-3 – Draw water out of the wells of salvation
- September 13th, 2015 – 1689 London Baptist Confession – Chapter 3 Part 3
Tags1corinthians 2timothy 1689lbcof 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 affections AM articlesoffaith calling Colossians communion contentment feet washing gain godliness Guest Hebrews Introduction isaiah james John jonah maturity ministry Nehemiah ordinances peter philippians PM Practical Christianity priesthood sacrifice salvation sanctification sin Sunday Timothy titus vocation water wells youth